1. Please arrive to the Surgery Center or Hospital on time. Being late may lead to postponing your surgery time or a need for rescheduling. The Surgery Center will call you to confirm your surgery time and arrival. If you have any questions, please call our office.
2. Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight prior to the day of your surgery. If you take prescribed medications, you may take those with a sip of water.
3. Do not take any medications that thin your blood for two weeks prior to your surgery date. This includes Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Aspirin, Fish oil supplements, and Vitamin E supplements. If you are on a prescribed blood thinner, we will need to obtain an order to discontinue.
4. Do not intake any type of Nicotine product for four weeks prior to surgery as well as four weeks post operative. The intake of Nicotine in any form may cause serious wound healing issues and/or loss of skin and tissue.
5. Cleanse the surgical area with Hibiclens soap for 3 days prior to surgery. Lather the area while in the shower, let soap soak for 5 minutes, then rinse off with water. 24 hours after surgery you may shower using your regular soap.
6. Remove all jewelry including body piercings before your arrival to the Surgery Center.
7. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing the day of surgery.
8. You will need to have a responsible adult with you the day of surgery. You may not take a cab or car service home after surgery. It is highly recommended you have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours.
9. The office will prescribe your post operative medications to your pharmacy prior to surgery. Please be sure to pick them up. If you need to change your pharmacy, you may log onto your patient portal at sharpersurgery.com or call the office.
10. Pain medication causes constipation, you should take an over-the-counter stool softener while on pain medication. Colace is recommended.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call.