Slightly modified from The Chunky Chef
YIELDS 6 Servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
1 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
16 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
30 oz caned great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
8 oz caned diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
15 oz caned whole kernel corn (drained)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
¾ tsp oregano
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
fresh cilantro chopped
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
¼ cup half and half
dollop of sour cream
minced fresh cilantro
shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese
1. Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, > chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
2. Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken > broth and cilantro. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
4. Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
5. Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, > or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
6. Stir well and serve with desired toppings.